Wells also gets nod from Town Council for alcohol permits at several outings
By Rachel Ravina, Staff Writer
(Oct. 24, 2019) Berlin’s 2020 social calendar is booked solid, following the Town Council’s approval last Tuesday of multiple events.
In presenting the list to the council, Ivy Wells, Berlin community and economic development also requested permission to serve alcoholic beverages be granted for the following events: Berlin Jazz and Blues Wine and Brews, Reggae Play Day, Small Town Throw Down, Berlin Fiddlers Convention, Berlin Oktoberfest, and the adult New Year’s Eve Celebrations.
On next year’s calendar are:
- Berlin Restaurant Week, Jan. 13-19, in downtown Berlin.
- Berlin Little League Parade, from 8-9 a.m., Saturday, April 18, on Main Street in downtown Berlin.
- Berlin Spring Celebration, Saturday, April 18, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Main Street in downtown Berlin.
- Clean Up, beginning at 9 a.m. on Saturday, April 21, at Berlin parks.
- Spring Just Walk Berlin, 8:30-11 a.m. on Saturday, May 2, at Stephen Decatur Park on Tripoli Street off Route 113.
- Berlin Jazz and Blues Wine and Brews, May 9, from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. downtown.
- Reggae Play Day, 5-9 p.m. throughout downtown. A date for the event has not yet been determined.
- Berlin Spring Cruisers, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. on May 16, throughout downtown.
- Memorial Day at the Monument, beginning at 8 a.m. on Sunday, May 24, at the veterans’ monument at the intersection of Main and West streets.
- The Berlin Memorial Day Parade, from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Monday, May 25. It will start at Stephen Decatur Middle School on Seahawk Road, and end at Dr. William Henry Park on Flower Street.
- The Berlin Concert on the Lawn series, from 6-7:30 p.m. on June 14, July 12, Aug. 9, and Sept. 14, at the Calvin B. Taylor House Museum on 208 N. Main St.
- The Berlin Bathtub Races, Friday, June 19, from 5-8 p.m. on Main Street.
- Independence Day celebrations, from 4-7 p.m. on July 3, at the Calvin B. Taylor House. Fireworks will begin at dusk at Heron Park on Old Ocean City Boulevard.
- The Berlin Peach Festival, from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Saturday, Aug. 1, at the Calvin B. Taylor Museum on 208 N. Main St.
- National Night Out, from 4-7 p.m. on Tuesday, Aug. 4, at Dr. William Henry Park on Flower Street.
- The Summer Berlin Sidewalk Sale, from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., Friday, Aug. 14-Aug. 16 downtown.
- Shakespeare on Pitts Street, from 7:30-9:30 p.m. on Pitts Street downtown.
- Small Town Throw Down, Saturday, Sept. 12, from 1-6 p.m., downtown.
- Paint Berlin Plein Air, Wednesday, Sept. 23 to Saturday, Sept. 26, from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. each day.
- The Berlin Fiddlers Convention will take place during the last weekend in September. The music festival is expected to begin on Friday, Sept. 25, from 7-10 p.m. downtown. It will continue on Saturday from 12-5 p.m. and wrap up on Sunday from 12-3 p.m. at the Calvin B. Taylor House on 208 N. Main St.
- Berlin Touch A Truck, from 10 a.m.to noon on Saturday, Oct. 3, at Stephen Decatur Park on Tripoli Street.
- Berlin Fall Cruisers,10 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Saturday, Oct. 10, downtown.
- Berlin Oktoberfest, noon to 5 p.m. on Oct. 17, downtown.
- Fall Just Walk Berlin, from 8:30-11 a.m., Saturday, Nov. 7, at Stephen Decatur Park on Tripoli Street.
- The Berlin Tree Lighting and Holiday Open House, from 5:30-9 p.m. outside of the Atlantic Hotel on Main Street.
- The Berlin Christmas Berlin Parade, Thursday, Dec. 3, from 7-9 p.m. on Main Street.
- Classical Christmas, from 6-9 p.m. on Monday, Dec. 7, at the Atlantic Hotel and the Calvin B. Taylor House Museum.
- Berlin New Year’s Eve Celebration, Thursday, Dec. 31, downtown. The children’s ball drop is scheduled for 5-7 p.m. and the adults version will run from 10 p.m.-12:30 a.m.
- The Berlin Farmers Market, from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. every Sunday from May through October on Pitts Street.
- Second Friday Art Stroll will take place the second Friday of each month from 5-8 p.m. throughout downtown. Makers Markets will take place from May until October.